Ah. What fineness. What glory. This Thursday. Here’s why.
1. It looks like I’m getting a cochlear implant in my right ear. This is a big amazing deal. Never mind that it’s prompted my husband to play videos from My Favorite Martian on his phone. He thinks he’s so cute.
2. Because of this great news, I decided to go full Judi Densch. Instead of growing my hair longer as has been suggested to me to cover up the cochlear implant thing that I will wear on the back of my head, I decided to get seriously shorn and just have the receiver out there, plain as day. Maybe I’ll hang beads on it.
3. We celebrated this amazing news by going down to Lake Michigan and having a swim and then lying on our backs and looking at the early moon and seagulls flying around.
4. Then we went to the liquor store and bought a bottle of champagne and we drank it on our back porch.
5. The big packet of information the implant center gave me says that after getting an implant many folks can talk on the phone and hear music. And understand what’s going on. Not perfectly. It’s not a cure. But better. I’ll take better, even just a teaspoon of better.
I can’t wait.